Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Satan's Plan For Your Life


Greetings,
I just read an interesting little ditty that a coworker handed to me. The title of it is "Satan's Plan - and why we are so busy". The story reminds me a little bit of the C.S. Lewis book "The Screwtape Letters". It tells of Satan's plan to undermine the spirituality and faith of God's people by making them busy, busy, busy.
Satan would like all of us to have two mortgages, two car payments, credit card debt and a lake cabin we're trying to pay for so we have to work, work, work. He would also like us to have the constant humdrum of video games, mp3 players, television, the internet, and cell phones to distract us away from a good practice of faith. Satan is crafty. He is NOT going to show up in our lives with horns and a tail. But he will show up in the form of all the things we think we need. He is going to dangle the carrot of "success" before our eyes hoping we will relentlessly pursue the "American Dream".
We need to ask ourselves questions like this: When was the last time I spent more than a few minutes in prayer?, When was the last time my family and I discussed our faith together? When was the last time we all sat down for a meal together? How much time have I spent nurturing my relationships with spouse, children and Savior? Be honest with yourself as you s-l-o-w-l-y go through these questions. Remember - Satan cannot have you unless you cooperate with him and his crazy plan for your life. Do something today to connect yourself more firmly to God.

You can read the entire story I refer to here: http://beholders.org/spirit/spirithumor/157-satanplan.html

No comments:

Post a Comment